- The US Government: We're not going to make it federally mandatory for people to get paid a wage they can actually live off of
- The US Government: If people want to make a living, they'll just have to work 16+ hours a day
- The US Government: And if their kids end up disenfranchised because of a lack of parental involvement, well that's not our problem
- The US Government: In fact, what is our problem is creating a system that will funnel these disenfranchised youth into our prison system so they can work for corporations (that promise us money) for damn near free
- The US Government: If they don't want to fall victim to this system, then they can seek higher education
- The US Government: Except such an education will be inaccessible to most disenfranchised people and skewed in favor of the financially stable and white people
- The US Government: And we're not going to make intervention programs like sex education and conflict resolution federally mandatory, because that's the parent's job
- The US Government: The parent who is working 16 hours a day
an aesthetic that will never go out of style: making others feel loved, needed, and important
your naked body is a beautiful beautiful thing. be proud of it. you are the only person in the world who owns one exactly like it.
Not because I didn’t want it; believe me when I say it almost killed me to let it go.
I gave it all back because I simply had nowhere to put it anymore.
I returned every sweaty ‘I love you’, every drunken goodnight text, every 2 AM phone call that always seemed to be an emergency.
I returned these things because my heart is only so big, and hoarding all of your junk isn’t going to put us back together.
All it will do is keep anyone else who tries to wade through the mess from ever finding me again. Mia S. Willis, “Return to Sender” (via poetinthehat)